If you are involved in commercial import and export activities in Pakistan, you must be familiar with the WeBoc system. The Web-Based One Custom ID (WeBoc) is an account ID issued by the Pakistan Customs to streamline the customs clearance process for importers and exporters.
In this article, we will discuss what WeBoc is, why it is necessary to be registered with WeBoc, and who needs to be registered with WeBoc. We will also provide a comprehensive list of documents required for registration.
What is WeBoc?
WeBoc is an online platform that facilitates the clearance of goods through the customs process. It is a web-based system that provides a single window for all customs-related activities, including clearance, declarations, and payments. WeBoc was introduced to modernize the customs clearance process and improve transparency and efficiency.
Why is it necessary to be registered with WeBoc?
If you are involved in commercial import and export activities in Pakistan, you are required to register with WeBoc. Registration with WeBoc is mandatory for all commercial importers and exporters in Pakistan. It is a prerequisite for obtaining a Goods Declaration (GD) and initiating the clearance process.
Who needs to be registered with WeBoc?
If you are a commercial importer or exporter in Pakistan, you need to be registered with WeBoc. The following categories of businesses are required to register with WeBoc:
- Sole Proprietors
- Association of Persons (AOPs)
- Private Limited Companies
Documents required for WeBoc registration:
- Original CNIC
- NADRA verification
- National Income Tax Number
- Sales Tax Number
- Property Documents (personal or rented)
- Valid chamber of commerce certificate
- Business utility bill for the current month
- Undertaking on Rs. 100 Stamp paper
- Current bank statement along with Bank account maintenance certificate
- Bank deposit slip of Rs. 500 or cash deposit of the same amount
- Request for WeBoc ID on business letterhead
- IRIS Form 181 order
- IRIS Form 14 order
- Income Tax Return
- Active Tax Payer List for Income Tax and Sales Tax
- Visiting card and two photographs
AOPs and firms:
- Original partnership deed
- Partners original CNIC
- Personal appearance of the partner with a visiting card
- Authority letter from other partners on stamp paper of Rs. 100
Private Limited Company:
- CEO’s CNIC
- Original Certificate of Incorporation
- Original Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Original Resolution for WeBoc ID
- Authority letter on Rs. 100 stamp paper
All the documents should be verified by an Oath Commissioner, and SECP documents must be verified from SECP.
WeBoc is an essential tool for commercial importers and exporters in Pakistan. It simplifies the customs clearance process and reduces the time and cost of doing business. If you are involved in commercial import and export activities in Pakistan, you must register with WeBoc to obtain a Goods Declaration and initiate the customs clearance process. Make sure you have all the necessary documents in hand and follow the registration process carefully to avoid any delays or complications.