Paying taxes is an essential responsibility of every citizen. In Pakistan, the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) is responsible for collecting taxes from individuals and businesses. In this digital age, paying taxes has become much easier and convenient. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide to paying taxes in Pakistan.
Step-by-Step Guide to Paying Taxes in Pakistan
- Login to the FBR Website: The first step in paying your taxes is to visit the FBR website. You can access the website by typing the following URL into your web browser: https://iris.fbr.gov.pk/public/txplogin.xhtml.
- Select the Relevant Tax Year: Once you have logged in, select the relevant tax year. The tax year in Pakistan starts from July 01 and ends on June 30 of the following year.
- Select the Nature of Payment: Next, select the nature of payment. You can choose from property tax, advance tax, or withholding tax.
- Select the Mode of Payment: You can make the tax payment through various modes of payment, including cash, cheque, or online payment through Alternate Delivery Channels (ADC).
- Enter Your Particulars: After selecting the mode of payment, enter your particulars, including your email address and cell number.
- Confirmation: Once you have entered your particulars, confirm the payment details. If the details are correct, the system will generate a Computerized Payment Receipt (CPR).
- Sales Tax Payment: To make sales tax payments, select the ADC mode of payment while selecting the payment option.
- CPR as Proof of Payment: The CPR serves as proof that the tax has been duly deposited. This information is also available in the iris portal for future reference.
In conclusion, paying taxes in Pakistan has become much easier and convenient with the advent of digital technology. By following the simple steps outlined above, you can pay your taxes from the comfort of your home or office. Remember that paying taxes is not only a legal obligation but also a moral responsibility towards your country. So, let’s contribute our share to the development of Pakistan by fulfilling our tax obligations on time.